Improving the way Canada lives through diet, nutrition, and lifestyle
Rose Reisman has enlightened, entertained and uplifted Canadians for over two decades. While best known for her many popular cookbooks, she has also written extensively on topics, which include fitness, chronic disease prevention, weight management, career stress, nutrition trends, parenting and dealing with challenges of a rapidly changing world while living a healthy lifestyle.
As a health and wellness entrepreneur, Rose Reisman has taken her passion for healthy living and developed it into a multi-faceted enterprise. She has executed several strategies for creating a balanced life of her own. With today’s unhealthy nation she sought the opportunity to share her experience and expertise with others in order to influence the adaptation of a healthy lifestyle. From energetic activity to tantalizing, nutritious food, Rose offers “the Magic Bullet” on eating and living well. Her ultimate goal is to create a domino effect where her influence on the current generation inspires the next leading to prevention of chronic diseases and an increased longevity of life. Rose wants to change the eating habits of Canadians.
Rose practices what she eats! Rose is a remarkably fit woman with four grown children and a very full and rewarding career. Rose embodies a true zeal for her message with these current projects:
- Author of more than 17 best-selling recipe books on nutrition and wellness.
- Sold over 750,000 books.
Rose Reisman Catering
- Launched Rose Reisman Catering, offering deliciously light cuisine to social and corporate groups in Toronto including The Canadian Opera Company, The Science Centre, CBC and “The Steam Whistle”. They offer regularly catered lunches featuring healthy menus to over 400 clients.
- Launch of Rose Reisman’s Homemade Biscotti across Ontario
Rose Reisman’s Personal Gourmet
- Launched “Personal Gourmet” - a daily, fresh food delivery service designed for people who want to eat healthy great tasting food at the comfort of their home.
- Just launched a “Ready to Freeze” food program that delivers healthy meals to Canadians nationwide
Restaurant - “Glow” (Shops at Don Mills)
- Embodies her philosophy and adheres to her recipes.
The Pickle Barrel
- Inspired and created healthy menus, such as “Under 500 Calorie Menu”, the “Locally Grown Menu”, the new “Tighten Your Belt Menu”, “Mediterranean Escape Menu” and “Family Favourites” menu for all 12 of the Pickle Barrel Restaurants widening the restaurants appeal to a broader market.
- Rose speaks with the kind of intelligence, energy and real-life experience that comes from being a working mother who balances full career, household and an active social life.
- Health and wellness seminars, cooking demonstrations, corporate lunch & learns that focus on building a balanced healthy family and working environment.
Adjunct Professor at York University Faculty of Health
- Founding member of the new advisory committee, in collaboration with the Dean Harvey Skinner, PhD, linking academic, clinical, community and public health partners in the Greater Toronto Area to promote the ideas of public health and preventative care, such as obesity and related chronic diseases.
Social Networking Website
- The unique Art of Living Well website combines interactive and practical tools that users can draw on to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
National Fundraising Causes
- CBCF: raised over $1 million from the sales of books
Awards and Credentials
- 2010 – Adjunct Professor at York University Faculty of Health
- 2010 – Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award Winner in the Trailblazer and Trendsetter category, Women’s Executive Network
- 2009 - Outstanding Public Contribution Award, ORT
- 2009 - Earnst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Nominee
- 2008 - Outstanding Public Contribution Award, Schulich School of Business
- 2005 - Cuisine Canada Silver Culinary Book Award
- 1985 - MBA from York University