1. About Your Privacy
(1) For Rose Reisman’s The ART of Living Well and its subsidiaries (collectively, "we", "us" or "Rose Reisman"), your privacy is, and always has been, very important to us. We are dedicated to providing you with superior service while protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
(2) "Personal Information" is defined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) ("PIPEDA"), as information about an identifiable individual.
2. Our Privacy Principles
(1) Rose Reisman’s The ART of Living Well is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. As part of this commitment, Rose Reisman’s The ART of Living Well has adopted the following ten principles, based on the values set by the Canadian Standards Association's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information and PIPEDA:
(a) Accountability: Rose Reisman’s The ART of Living Well shall maintain and protect the personal information under its control and shall designate one or more individuals to be accountable for compliance with these principles.
(b) Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the personal information is collected.
(c) Consent: Consent will be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where the law provides an exemption.
(d) Limiting Collection: The personal information we collect shall be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
(e) Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless an individual has otherwise consented or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
(f) Accuracy: We shall keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
(g) Safeguards: We shall protect personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information received.
(h) Openness: We will provide information to individuals about our policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information that is under our control.
(i) Individual's Access: On written request to our Privacy Officer, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information that is under our control, and may be given access to that personal information as required and permitted by law. Individuals are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of that personal information and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
(j) Handling Enquiries or Complaints: Any questions or enquiries concerning compliance with our privacy policies and procedures may be addressed to our Privacy Officer, as set out below.
3. Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
(1) Personal information may be used:
(a) to provide requested information, products or services;
(b) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; or
(2) Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use.
4. Consent To Use Personal Information
(1) Consent is required for the collection of personal information and the subsequent use or disclosure of this information. We will not use your personal information without your consent.
(2) Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be given in writing, electronically, or verbally in person or over the telephone. When we receive personal information from you that enables us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner would be implied.
(3) Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request products or services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn.
(4) There are certain legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
5. Sharing Personal Information With Others
(1) We are not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to others. In providing our products and services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us.
(2) In certain circumstances, we may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
(3) We may also use personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs, from ourselves, our affiliates or reputable organizations selected by us. If you do not wish to receive these offers or such information, please contact our Privacy Officer as outlined below in the contact information section.
6. Keeping Information Accurate
(1) It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances.
(2) Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, please let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us.
7. How We Safeguard Personal Information
(1) At Rose Reisman’s The ART of Living Well, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
(2) Our service providers and agents are required to maintain Client confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
(3) Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
8. Privacy and the Internet
9. Your Acceptance of These Terms
10. Contact Information
Please contact our Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Mail: The ART of Living Well, 156 Duncan Mills Rd., Toronto, Ontario
Attention: Privacy Officer
Fax: (416) 449-9887