Change up your chicken with this colourful and flavourful tabbouleh salad.
1. Grill the chicken breasts just until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile bring the stock to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 15 minutes on lowest heat. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Place in a serving bowl.
3. Add the red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, olives, feta, basil and mint.
4. To prepare the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, jalapeño and pepper and pour over the bulgur quinoa.
5. Mix ingredients for tahini sauce.
6. Toss salad well with dressing and place chicken breasts over top and serve with tahini sauce. This salad can be served at room temperature, hot or chilled.
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken (or vegetable) stock
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 cup finely chopped cucumber
1 cup finely chopped plum tomatoes
1 cup canned or drained chick peas
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/3 cup finely chopped black olives
1/2 cup crumbled light feta cheese (about 2 oz)
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp finely chopped jalapeño pepper (or hot chili sauce)
pinch of black pepper
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp light sour cream
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp tahini paste
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Information per Serving
Saturated Fat 2.7g