The Norwegian Institute of Public Health latest study shows that pregnant women who drink more the 200mg of caffeine a day are more likely to have babies with lower birth weights. The caffeine can slow the transfer of nutrients from mom to baby through the placenta which reduces the growth of the unborn. A good quality cup of java has over 330 mg of caffeine.
So what’s best?
- 2 cups of instant coffee or regular tea only has 100 mg each
- Espresso has half the caffeine of regular brewed
- Herbal tea has no caffeine
- 2 cups of black or green tea daily only has 80 mg of caffeine
- 2 – 3 colas daily have 100 mg
- Mountain Dew has more caffeine that colas
- And most energy drinks contain half your daily allowance of caffeine