There are many confusing food myths out there today!
- Colon cleansing rids the body of toxins. The body cleanses itself daily through the liver, kidneys, colon and sweat
- More than 1000 mg of calcium daily increases the risk of heart disease by hardening and blocking the arteries
- Not true if this comes from calcium rich foods such as milk, yogourt and fortified soy beverages. Avoid only taking supplements
- Soy causes breast cancer. Estrogen from soy is weaker than human estrogen in the body and there is less stimulation of breast cancer with soy in the diet
- Drink 8 cups of water daily. This depends on your activity level, environment and general health. No hard rule
- Eating after 7 pm increases weight gain – if you eat too much during any part of the day you’ll gain weight