Studies show that the right food combinations can help lower weight and reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
It’s called food synergy according to a study done at the University of Minnesota
- Tomatoes and avocados – tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene. Fats from an avocado make this cancer fighting antioxidant more available.
- Blueberries and grapes – eating together provides more antioxidant effects
- Natural Peanut butter and whole wheat – amino acids absent in wheat are present in peanuts giving you a complete protein –
- Real Oatmeal and orange juice reduces the risk of heart attacks by 50% rather than either one alone. These two ingredients stabilize your bad cholesterol
- Almonds and yogourt – vitamins are best absorbed when eaten with fat – the vitamin D in yogourt is more activated when eaten with the healthy fat from the almonds.