Food trends change yearly in Toronto. So what’s up this year?
- Designer Donuts have become the new cupcakes featured in sit down restaurants
- Grilled octopus is taking over calamari. Sliced thinly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Food trucks are popping up everywhere with every food from grilled cheeses, smoked meat and cupcakes
- Chia seeds are the new flax seeds
- Move over sushi, Ramen noodle bars are leading the trend in Japanese cuisines
- 100% sustainable fish and seafood has become the future mantra in supermarkets and restaurants
- Plates for the whole table – big foods and whole animals like a entire pig
- Five star restaurants serving fried chicken
- And Snout to tail cooking whereby the chef uses each and every part of the animal including the head, brains, heart, belly and testicles
Maybe that trend I can live without!