So with Greek yogurt taking the stage today what is the real difference between that and low fat yogurt?
- Calorie wise they are similar with about 150 calories per cup.
- Greek has about 4.5 gm of fat versus low fat yogurt with only 3 gm.
- Greek has about three times the calcium with close to one third of your daily intake
- Sugar though is the culprit in low fat yogurt with twice the amount as in the Greek due to the straining process in the Greek version
- Low fat yogurt has twice the carbs due to the sugar content and the winner in protein is Greek yogurt with close to 40% of your daily value
For nutritional benefits Greek yogurt hits a home run!