So you marvel at Top Chef on TV? Try these tips to become a genius in your kitchen!
- When sautéing or caramelizing onions, add a little baking soda which speeds up browning and cuts the cooking time in half!
- The best soup should be made a day in advance so all the flavor comes together after heating.
- Sauté your vegetables in broth or stock instead of oil or butter. The veggies turn out crispier!
- Spray your cheese grater with non stick spray to make the shredding and clean up easier.
- For creamier pasta without the butter or cheese, add a beaten egg to the hot pasta along with a little boiling water.
- Mash bananas inside their peels using your hands.
- Massage raw kale with dressing for a couple of minutes to make it more tender and digestible.