A wonderful dessert for large dinner party gatherings. Outstanding flavour! Remember, if you’re looking for lighter fare, just substitute some of the more calorie heavy ingredients with the healthier suggestions outlined in the recipe or in our baking tips.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
2. To make crust: In a bowl, stir together all crust ingredients. Press onto bottom and partway up side of prepared pan.
3. To make filling: In a food processor, purée all filling ingredients until smooth. Pour into crust.
4. To make marble: In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate with water on High in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake. Draw knife or spatula through the chocolate and batter several times to create marbling.
5. Bake in centre of oven for 40 to 45 minutes or just until centre of cheesecake is still slightly loose. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
2 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
2 tbsp granulated sugar (or Splenda
2 1/2 tbsp water
1 tbsp vegetable oil (or butter/margerine)
1 2/3 cups smooth, light, 5% ricotta cheese
1/3 cup (4 oz) light cream cheese, softened
1-1/4 cups granulated sugar (or Splenda
3/4 cup low-fat sour cream (or 2% yogurt
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp water
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Saturated Fat 4g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Make Ahead: This cheesecake can be baked up to 2 days in advance or frozen for up to 2 months.
Cooking Tips: When it comes to baking, instant coffee gives a more intense flavor than brewed coffee. I always make quite strong instant coffee for baking. If instant coffee is unavailable, use 2 tsp (10 mL) prepared strong coffee.