A twist on chocolate bark – you won’t be able to keep your guests away from it!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Line the bottom of the sheet with matzo, breaking extra pieces as necessary to fill in any spaces.
3. In a saucepan, add the margarine and brown sugar together, and cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture is beginning to boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add the salt and vanilla, and pour over matzo, spreading with a heatproof spatula.
4. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and immediately cover with chocolate chips. Put back in oven for 2 minutes. Spread chocolate with knife.
6. Add apricots and pistachios and let harden. Break into pieces and serve.
2 sheets of matzo
1/4 cup margarine
¼ cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup diced dried apricots
1/3 cup toasted pistachios