A delightful pasta dish for family gatherings and Friday night dinner parties! This succulent lasagna uses the perfect blend of seafood pasta. With its creamy and elegant sauces this dish is sure to satisfy everyone at the dinner table.Try using whole grain pasta for even healthier results!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Pull out a 13×9-inch (3 L) baking dish.
2. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions or until firm to the bite. Drain, cover and set aside.
3. In medium nonstick skillet, heat oil; sauté garlic, sweet peppers and leeks just until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Add seafood and sauté until fish is opaque, approximately 5 minutes. Pour off excess liquid. Set aside.
4. Make the cream sauce: In nonstick saucepan, melt margarine. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Slowly add stock and milk, and simmer on medium heat until just thickened, approximately 4 minutes, stirring often. Add seafood mixture and dill; remove from heat.
5. Make the cheese sauce: In small bowl, combine ricotta and Cheddar cheeses, milk and Parmesan cheese until mixed.
6. Assembly: Place 3 lasagna sheets in baking dish. Spread one-third cheese mixture over top, then one third seafood sauce. Place 3 more lasagna sheets over seafood sauce, repeat with one-third cheese and seafood sauce. Repeat with remaining lasagna, cheese and seafood sauce. Cover and bake approximately 30 minutes, or until hot.
9 lasagna sheets
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 tsp crushed garlic
2/3 cup diced sweet red or green peppers
2/3 cup diced leeks or red onions
1 lb seafood, cut into small pieces (any combination of firm white fish fillets or scallops or shrimp)
1 tbsp margarine or butter
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 2/3 cups seafood or chicken stock
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (or 1 tbsp dried)
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 27 g
Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 625 mg
Fiber 0.9 g