A favourite dessert adapted to be both dairy and gluten free! They are so dense, they will put you into chocolate heaven. You will never believe they are low-fat.
2 Tbsp (30 mL) dairy free semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp (30 mL) hot water
1 tsp (5 mL) instant coffee
1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
½ cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
2 Tbsp (30 mL) gluten free flour
¼ cup + 1 Tbsp (75 mL) dairy free cream cheese
2 large eggs
¼ cup (60 mL) 3% dairy free sour cream
3 Tbsp (45 mL) corn syrup
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
icing sugar for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp (30 mL) hot water and instant coffee. Microwave for 40 seconds on High or just until the chocolate begins to melt. Stir until smooth.
4. In the bowl of a food processor, add the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, corn syrup and vanilla. Purée until smooth. Add the chocolate mixture and purée until smooth.
5. place muffin tin on a larger cookie sheet. Add water to the cookie sheet coming half way up the muffin tin. This is baking in a “water bath”.
6. Divide batter among the muffin cups and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or just until the centres are still slightly loose. Cool and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Carefully remove from the tin with a knife. Decorate with icing sugar.
Nutrition information per serving (1 pie)
Protein 3.6 g
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fiber 1.5 g
Total fat 5.8 g
Saturated fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 62 mg