It’s so easy to serve baby spinach today since most of it comes pre-washed. This is a tempting way to serve spinach for those who resist including it in their diet. Substitute any cheeses of your choice. I love to use blue cheese-it really intensifies the flavor.
1. Preheat the oven to broil. Place the oven rack no closer than 6 inches from the broiler.
2. Spray an 8-inch baking dish with cooking oil.
3. Place the spinach in a large pot with 1/4 cup water. Cover and steam just until the spinach wilts. Drain well.
4. Spray a small non-stick skillet with cooking oil, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the onion, garlic and basil for 4 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Add the spinach and mix well. Place in the baking dish.
5. Combine the three cheeses and sprinkle over the spinach mixture. Broil for 2 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned.
two 10-oz packages fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup diced red onion
1 1/2 tsp crushed fresh garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup smooth light ricotta
1/4 cup grated light Swiss cheese 1/4 cup grated light Swiss cheese
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 11 g
Fat 8.7 g
Saturated Fat 2.9 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 350 mg
Fiber 7.4 g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Make Ahead: Prepare dish up to the broiling point early in the day, cover and refrigerate. Bake at 450°F for 5 minutes or until warm.