This has the taste and texture of a rich, cream-based sauce but without the fat and calories. Goat cheese is a lower fat cheese with intense flavor. Serve the chicken with Lemon Couscous with Cherry Tomatoes, Mint, Dill and Feta and some parsley or steamed broccoli.
1. Place the goat cheese, cream cheese, water, olive oil, juice and garlic in the bowl of a small food processor and purée until smooth. Stir in 2 Tbsp of the chopped dill.
2. Working with one at a time, place the chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper and pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
3. Whisk the egg and milk together in a small bowl. Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with the crumb mixture.
4. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over high heat.
5. Sauté the chicken breasts, turning once, for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center.
6. Place on a serving platter and pour the goat cheese sauce over top. Garnish with the remaining 1 Tbsp chopped dill.
1/4 cup goat cheese
2 Tbsp light cream cheese
2 Tbsp water
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp crushed fresh garlic
4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb)
1 large egg
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 41 g
Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 4.3 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Cholesterol 156 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Make Ahead: Prepare the sauce a day in advance and refrigerate; bring to room temperature before serving. Flatten and bread the chicken ahead of time, wrap well and refrigerate. Add an extra 10 minutes to baking time if chilled.