This light risotto requires no butter or cream, yet the flavor is outstanding. You can substitute lemon or orange for the lime or use any firm seafood or chicken in place of the shrimp
1. Bring the stock to a boil, then lower the heat to keep it at a simmer.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat in a medium non-stick saucepan. Add the onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion begins to brown. Add the rice and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and making sure all the liquid is absorbed before adding more. It will take about 18 minutes. The rice should be tender but slightly firm at the center. Adjust the heat as necessary to maintain a slow simmer.
4. When adding the last portion of stock, add the shrimp and cook until pink, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and zest; simmer for 1 minute.
5. Garnish with the dill and serve immediately.
3 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 tsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp crushed fresh garlic
1 cup arborio rice
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 cup chopped dill or parsley
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 18 g
Fat 5.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.8 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Cholesterol 126 mg
Sodium 320 mg
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Make Ahead: Sauté onions early in the day.