This crisp salad is best with freshly picked corn, but enjoy it over the entire year with store bought corn. The colour of sweet corn, doesn’t matter. White or yellow or a combination of both. Look for full, heavy ears with gapless rows of fat kernels and light green husks and glossy silk
V/ DF/ GF, Serves 6
4 corn cobs, shucked, or 4 cups (600 g) frozen corn niblets
1 lb (450 g) sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 cup (250 ml) canned white small beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup (175 ml ) thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro
1 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
5ml CBD oil
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) finely chopped jalapeño pepper
1 tsp (5 ml) finely chopped garlic
1/8th tsp (0.5 ml) both salt and pepper
- Grill corn on medium high heat, or broil for 8 minutes, 8” (20 cm) from the broiler, just until charred turning occasionally. Let cool. If using frozen corn, saute in pan just until lightly browned.
- With a sharp knife, remove niblets from the stalk and add to bowl.
- Either steam or microwave peas in a little water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to corn.
- Add beans, onions and cilantro to corn mixture.
- Dressing: whisk together the olive oil, CBD oil, cider vinegar, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, mix well and serve.
Saturated Fat 0.5g
CBD 20 mg