These decadent brownies will make anyone melt on Valentine’s Day!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking oil.
2. For the brownies, combine the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Add the cocoa, mixing it in well. Add the flour, baking powder, yogurt and chocolate chips, mixing just until combined and smooth. Don’t over mix.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, until baked right through. Freeze until solid.
4. Use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the brownies.
5. Melt white or dark chocolate and dip ½ the heart shape brownie. Decorate with sprinkles
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup low-fat yogurt or sour cream
1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp water
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2oz white or dark chocolate (for dip)
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 2.3 g
Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Make Ahead: Bake and store for a day, well wrapped, or freeze for up to 2 weeks.