Spray a 9″/23 cm pie plate with vegetable spray.
1-3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 oz light cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup low-fat yogourt or sour cream
2 tsp unflavoured gelatin powder
3 tbsp cold water
3 large egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp oil
1. To make crust: In a bowl, stir together the wafer crumbs, sugar, water, and oil until combined and pat the remainder onto the bottom and up the side of prepared pan.
2. To make filling: In a food processor, combine cream cheese, 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar of the sugar, peanut butter, and yogourt; purée the mixture until it is smooth.
3. In a small microwavable bowl, combine the gelatin and water, and let sit for 2 minutes; microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir the mixture until it is dissolved and add to the filling and puree.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until they are foamy. Gradually add the remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir one quarter of the egg whites into the ricotta mixture. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites until just blended. Pour the mixture into the crust.
5. Garnish – melt chocolate and oil in the microwave for 30 seconds on high just until melted. stir until smooth. Pour into small baggie and cut the corner of baggie very narrowly. Squeeze concentric circles around the pie and with a toothpick draw through the lines. Chill for 2 hours or until the filling is set firm.