This savory stuffing is a delicious way to dress up boneless chicken breasts. The trick to enjoying olives is to have them in moderation. Although they contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, eating too many can raise your calorie intake.
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.
2. Working with one at a time, place the chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper and pound to an even 1/4-inch thickness.
3. Stir the feta, parsley, olives and basil together in a bowl. Place one-quarter of the mixture near the end of each chicken breast. Roll the chicken up and secure with toothpicks or small skewers.
4. Beat the egg and water together in a shallow bowl. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
5. Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat. Dip each chicken roll in the egg mixture, then coat with the bread-crumbs. Brown the rolls, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until done on all sides. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Remove the toothpicks and serve whole or cut the rolls into medallions.
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
2 Tbsp chopped black olives
1/3 cup crumbled light feta cheese
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp water (or low-fat milk)
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp vegetable oil
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 33 g
Fat 8.2 g
Saturated Fat 2.3 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Cholesterol 124 mg
Sodium 390 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Make Ahead: Prepare to the baking stage up to a day in advance and refrigerate. Bake just before serving, adding an extra 5 to 10 minutes to the baking time. You can also bake them a day in advance, refrigerate and serve at room temperature.