The roasted vegetables go well with this intense-flavored spread. This is delicious served warm or at room temperature.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Place the red and green peppers and onion and zucchini slices on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn over and bake another 10 minutes or just until tender and browned, turning occasionally Chop the vegetables coarsely and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the spread by combining half of the havarti with the mozzarella, Asiago, mayonnaise, garlic and artichokes in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Stir in the chopped parsley and set aside.
4. Spread 2 Tbsp of the artichoke and Asiago spread over each tortilla. Place some of the roasted vegetables on each tortilla and sprinkle with the remaining havarti. Fold in the sides of each tortilla and roll up.
5. In a nonstick skillet or grill pan, warm the tortillas on medium heat for 2 minutes per side. Cut each tortilla in half and serve.
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium green bell pepper
2 slices sweet onion (about 1/2-inch thick)
1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and cut lengthwise into 4 slices
1/2 cup shredded havarti
1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Asiago (or Parmesan) cheese
3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
4 canned artichokes, drained and diced
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
4 large flour tortillas
Nutritional Analysis per Serving (1/2 quesadilla)
Protein 12 g
Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 420 mg
Fiber 4.2 g
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Make Ahead: Can be prepared early in the day and cooked just before serving.
Nutrition Watch: A large artichoke would add 6 g of dietary fiber to your diet. Add it to your salads or grain dishes.