An easy & festive treat the kids will love! Recipe by Ariadne Reid, who runs Rose Reisman Catering’s School Lunch Program!
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place candy canes in sets of 2 in the shape of a heart on the parchment paper. Place lollipop sticks in between the two candy canes, at the base of the “heart.”
3. Bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully push together the top and bottom tips of the candy canes together so they melt into each other (be careful – will be hot).
4. In a glass bowl, melt ½ cup of white chocolate in microwave on high for approximately 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
5. Pour chocolate in the candy cane hearts. Top with sprinkles if desired. Chill to allow the chocolate and candy canes to harden.
Mini candy canes
Chopped white chocolate compound (about 1/2 cup for 6 hearts)