The perfect fall dessert! This stunning dessert takes delicious seasonal apples and a classic cheesecake to the next level.
1. Peel, core and slice applies into 1/8” thickness. Add to a large skillet and sauté on medium heat, just until apples are fork tender, approximately 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9” springform pan with vegetable oil.
3. Crust: In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, rolled oats, oil, water and sugar until crumbly. Add extra if necessary. Pat into bottom of springform pan.
4. Spread half of the sautéed apples on top of the crust. Cover remaining sautéed apples and refrigerate.
5. In bowl of large food processor, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice, flour and sour cream until smooth.
6. Pour over top of apples in pan. Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until centre of cheese cake is just slightly loose.
7. Refrigerate until chilled, approximately 3-4 hours. Garnish with remaining sautéed apples and sprinkle with icing sugar.
3 Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp sugar
3 packages light cream cheese
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp flour
½ cup light sour cream
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chilling Time: 3-4 hours
Nutritional Information per Serving
Saturated Fat 7g