A light combo of crisp chicken and sesame-flavoured slaw makes for a tasty Asian-inspired dish.
1. Combine egg and water and place on large dish. Place bread crumbs on another plate.
2. Dip chicken in egg wash, then crumbs.
3. Heat a large skillet, add oil and sauté chicken for 2 minutes per side.
4. In a preheated 400 F oven, place chicken on baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for about 10 minutes or until temperature reaches 160 F.
5. To make sauce: Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sesame oil and soy sauce until smooth.
6. Add half sauce to coleslaw along with red pepper and cilantro. Place slaw on plate, add cooked chicken and drizzle with some left over sauce. Serve.
1 ½ lb boneless chicken breasts (3 – 4 single breasts)
2 Tbsp water or milk
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tsp vegetable oil
¼ cup light mayonnaise
¼ cup lower fat sour cream
4 tsp sesame oil
4 tsp light soy sauce
2 Tbsp water
4 cups prepackaged coleslaw
½ cup diced red pepper
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Nutritional Information per Serving
Saturated Fat 10.4g