You’ll never eat a cheesecake that’s so dense and rich tasting, yet so low in fat and calories. The combination of semi-sweet chocolate and cocoa powder gives this cheesecake its velvety chocolate flavor. Garnish with fresh berries if desired.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking oil.
2. For the crust, combine the wafer crumbs, 2 Tbsp water and oil in a small bowl and mix well. Pat onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of the spring form pan.
3. For the filling, combine the chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp water in a small microwaveable bowl and microwave for 40 seconds. Stir until smooth.
4. Combine the chocolate mixture with the ricotta and cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, egg and 1/2 cup sour cream in the bowl of a food processor and purée until smooth. Pour over the crust. Bake for 30 minutes. The center should still be slightly loose.
5. For the topping, mix the 1 1/4 cups sour cream and 2 Tbsp sugar. Carefully spoon over the cake. Bake for another 10 minutes. Cool on a rack, then chill completely before removing the sides of the pan and serving. Top with chocolate wafer crumbs.
2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp water
1 1/2 cups smooth light ricotta
3/4 cup light cream cheese
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 large egg
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 1/4 cups low-fat sour cream
2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 6.2 g
Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 5.0 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Cholesterol 34 g
Fiber 1.2 g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Make Ahead: Refrigerate for 2 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.