If you want a real showstopper of a dessert you have to try my ‘shot glass’ chocolate chip cookie filled with white or dark chocolate mousse. The mousse is actually lighter and lower fat than regular mousse as it doesn’t contain any heavy cream. You can use half white and half dark chocolate and divide the remaining ingredients amongst both chocolates to create a two mousse shot glass!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 24 mini muffin cup tray with vegetable oil.
2. Combine sugar, egg, oil and vanilla until smooth. Add baking powder, salt, flour and chocolate chips and combine until well mixed.
3. With your fingers place about one Tbsp of dough into each mini muffin mold and press down until sides are covered forming a cup. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or just until browned. Let cool.
4. Mousse: Meanwhile while cookies are baking, melt chocolate and margarine for 30 seconds in microwave on High just until chocolate is beginning to melt. Whisk until smooth.
5. In clean glass bowl beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Add egg yolk to chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add egg whites and combine gently until well incorporated. Fill cookie cups with mousse and garnish with melted chocolate or berries.
Shot Glass Cookies
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
5 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup semi sweet miniature chocolate chips
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
1 Tbsp margarine or butter
3 egg whites
1/8th tsp cream of tartar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
Melted chocolate or berries
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: Baking and mousse – 20 minutes
Nutritional Information per Serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 18.3 g
Fibre 0.5 g
Total fat 5.3 g
Saturated fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 56 mg