What’s better than banana bread? Double chocolate banana bread! A light dessert or easy snack on the go.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8” x 4” loaf pan with vegetable spray.
2. To melt the chocolate: Add chocolate chips to glass bowl with 2 tsp oil. Microwave on high for 30 – 40 seconds, just until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk until smooth. Add more time if necessary.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 bananas mashed, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oil, egg, sour cream, vanilla and melted chocolate until well combined.
4. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt to wet ingredients, just until flour is combined. Pour into loaf pan.
5. Slice remaining ½ banana into three lengthwise slices and place over top loaf. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp brown sugar. Bake for about 40 – 50 minutes or just until tester comes out dry.
6. For the garnish: Add chocolate chips to glass bowl with 1 tsp oil. Microwave on high for 30 – 40 seconds, just until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk until smooth. Add more time if necessary. Drizzle on top of banana bread. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
2 ½ very large ripe bananas
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 large egg
3 Tbsp light sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
2 tsp oil
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1/2 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp oil
Makes 16 servings
Nutritional Information per Serving
Saturated Fat 1.5g