Sometimes we need a little something mid-afternoon to hold us over until dinner. These tasty little treats are a great go-to snack for anyone busy and on the go. Taste, full of nutritious energy and best of all – no baking required!
1. If dates are dried add 2 tbsp of water and microwave for 30 seconds. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add all ingredients to small food processor and process until mixture comes together. If too dry add a little more water.
3. Roll into one inch balls. Yields approx. 2 dozen
4. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Store in covered container in the refrigerator.
• 2 cups diced fresh or dried dates
• 2 cups cashews
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1-2 Tbsp water
• Icing sugar (optional)
Prep time: 10 min
Yields: 2 dozen
Nutritional Information per serving
Protein 2 g
Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Sodium 80 mg
Fiber 1 g
Sugar 1 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 260 mg
Fiber 1 g
Sugar 27 g