These burgers are extremely moist and flavorful due to the hoisin sauce. Instead of meat, use ground chicken, veal or pork, or try a combination. Serve these on miniature hamburger buns and add some sautéed onions. If you prefer, make 4 or 5 burgers instead of the minis.
1. Heat the barbecue to high and spray with cooking oil, or preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, green onion, cilantro or parsley, 2 Tbsp of the hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and egg in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and form into 10 mini burgers.
3. Whisk the water, remaining 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
4. Brush half of the sauce over the burgers.
5. Barbecue, or place on a rack on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (until no longer pink in the center). Turn the patties once, halfway through, and brush with the remaining sauce. Serve on mini hamburger buns, if desired, and garnish with sautéed onions.
1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped green onion
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
4 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp sesame oil
Nutritional Analysis per Serving (2 Mini-burgers)
Protein 30 g
Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Cholesterol 120 mg
Sodium 289 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Make Ahead: Prepare to grilling stage up to a day in advance, cover and refrigerate. Grill just before serving.