This is the perfect potato salad when you’re bored with the traditional mayonnaise-based version. Omit the prosciutto if you want to keep it meatless. If you can’t find small potatoes, use larger ones and cut them into quarters before baking.
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
2. Place the potatoes, onion wedges and garlic on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the potatoes and onion with cooking oil. Roast for approximately 25 minutes. Turn the onion and potatoes over and roast for another 5 minutes, until soft. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. When the vegetables are cool, cut the potatoes into quarters and dice the onions. Peel and chop the garlic. Place the roasted vegetables in a serving bowl.
4. Combine 2 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, oil, water, lemon juice, anchovies and mustard in the bowl of a small food processor. Purée until smooth.
5. Toss the dressing with the salad. Garnish with the remaining 1 Tbsp cheese, prosciutto, green onion and fresh parsley.
1 1/4 lb small red potatoes
1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
5 large cloves garlic, wrapped in foil
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 oz diced prosciutto
1/3 cup diced green onion
1/3 chopped fresh parsley
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Protein 4.3 g
Fat 7.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 139 mg
Fiber 2 g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Make Ahead: Prepare dressing and salad ingredients up to a day in advance and refrigerate. Toss salad with dressing and add garnishes just before serving.