Just looking at the photo entices you to make this show-stopping cake. It’s delicious, lighter than other chocolate cakes and fun to make. Recall your summertime memories of making s’mores around the bonfire – now take that idea and turn it into a cake! This dessert is guaranteed to bring a smile to the faces of your guests.
1. To make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat two 8-inch round baking pans with cooking spray.
2. Combine the chocolate chips and hot water in a small bowl. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla with a whisk until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, sour cream, mayonnaise and melted chocolate. Mix until combined. Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix just until combined.
4. Pour into the pans and bake for 18 minutes or until a tester comes out dry. Let cool.
5. To make the topping: Melt the 1 cup of chocolate and the milk in the microwave for 20 seconds just enough to mix the chocolate and milk until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes to thicken.
6. Heat the marshmallow fluff for 10 seconds in the microwave to soften.
7. Place one cake layer on a plate, spread half the chocolate sauce over the top and sides of the cake, then half the marshmallow, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the chocolate chips and ½ the broken graham cookie crumbs.
8. Place the other cake layer overtop, pour the remaining chocolate sauce on top and spread around the sides, then add the remaining marshmallow, chocolate chips and cookie crumbs.
1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup hot water
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
¾ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 cup baking powder
1 ½ tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1⁄3 cup canned evaporated 2% milk
1 cup marshmallow fluff
2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
7 graham cookie wafers, broken into small pieces
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Nutritional Information per Serving
Total Fat 13.4g
Saturated Fat 4g