These cute granola bowls are great for a grab and go breakfast or snack. Add Greek yogurt, your favourite berries and nuts or seeds! I was inspired by a recipe I came across in Canadian Living and had to make my own version.
1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Spray 1 large (6 cup) jumbo muffin tray (or 18 regular cup muffin tin) with vegetable spray.
2. In a small skillet, add sugar, oil and honey over medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes until sugar dissolves.
3. In a food processor pulse the oats, pecans, cinnamon and honey mixture until combined, about 6 – 8 pulses. Do not puree.
4. Press into bottom and sides of muffins tins. Bake for 25 minutes for large and about 15 minutes for small cups. Let cool then gently remove from tins.
5. Fill cups with a variety of yogurts, fruit and nuts.
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ¾ cup large rolled oats
½ cup chopped pecans
½ tsp cinnamon
Variety of flavoured yogurts/ fresh fruit and nuts if desired
Makes 6 large servings
Nutritional Information per Serving
Saturated Fat 1.5g