A base of hummus makes this a must-try salad. Skip the croutons for toasting the chickpeas, which gives you outstanding crunch and flavour. With the greens, quinoa and chicken, you’ve got a filling and delicious dish.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with 1 Tbsp olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy.
3. Meanwhile, grill or roast chicken at 425 F just until cooked. Let cool then slice thinly.
4. Add one cup of water to pot along with quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Drain any excess water.
5. Divide hummus over 6 plates. Divide quinoa over top.
6. Combine spinach and arugula with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Divide over top quinoa and top with chicken and chickpeas.
7. Garnish with feta and serve.
1 cup chickpeas
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp garlic powder
12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
½ cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup store-bought or homemade hummus
1 cup spinach
1 cup arugula
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 oz crumbled feta cheese
Nutritional Information per Serving
Saturated Fat 2.5g