You can substitute fresh, firm fish, such as tuna, halibut, haddock or salmon for the seafood; don’t use a fish that will break apart easily when cooked.
1. Preheat the barbecue or a non-stick indoor grill to medium-high. If using wooden skewers, soak 4 skewers in water for 20 minutes.
2. Thread the seafood on the skewers.
3. For the sauce, purée the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, honey, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger and chili sauce in a blender or small food processor. Divide in half.
4. Brush the skewers with half the sauce. Spray the grill with cooking oil and cook the skewers, turning once, for 5 minutes or until the seafood is just cooked though.
5. Serve with the remaining sauce on the side. Sprinkle with the cilantro and additional sesame seeds, if you like.
1 lb large peeled shrimp or scallops, or a combination
¼ cup light coconut milk
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp minced fresh ginger
½ tsp hot Asian chili sauce (or to taste)
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Nutritional Information per Serving
Protein 20 g
Fat 8.4 g
Saturated Fat 1.9 g
Carbohydrates 4.4 g
Cholesterol 161 mg
Sodium 296 mg
Fiber 0.8 g