Stir-fry makes for a quick and satisfying meal. It a great way to incorporate a variety of veggies and protein in one plate!
1. Bring rice and water to a boil, then cover and simmer 25 minutes just until tender. Drain and set aside
2. Sauce: combine oyster sauce, mirin, vinegar and brown sugar.
3. Meanwhile place steak in a bowl with cornstarch, soy sauce and 1 tbsp oil and toss well.
4. In a large skillet add remaining 1 tbsp oil, heat well and add steak in a single layer, sear on one side until brown and crisp about 3 minutes, turn over and continue cooking another minute. Remove beef and set aside
5. In the same skillet add asparagus, peas and half green onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add back beef and sauté and cook for 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
6. Garnish with remaining green onions and sesame seeds
1 cup brown rice
3 cups water
1/4 cup oyster sauce
3 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
12 oz lean steak thinly sliced, crosswise
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp light sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
8 oz sugar snap peas sliced in half
5 green onions thinly sliced