You’ll fall in love with my Valentine’s Day Chocolate Fudge Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 2 – 8”inch Valentine heart-shaped pans with cooking spray.
2. Combine the chocolate chips and hot water in a small bowl. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine both sugars and the oil, eggs and vanilla with a whisk until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, sour cream, mayonnaise and melted chocolate. Mix until combined. Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix just until combined.
4. Pour into the pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until a tester comes out dry. Let cool.
5. To make the icing, purée all the icing ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor until smooth. Invert cakes and spread some icing on one layer. Top with other layer and ice top and sides of cake. Decorate top with raspberries.
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup light cream cheese (about 8 oz), softened
2 ½ cup icing sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp water
2 cups raspberries
Serves about 16 (thin slices)