Summer is the season for berries! Not only are these sweet fruits delicious, they are also nutrient-packed super foods.
Berries provide antioxidants, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, help to reduce abdominal fat and inflammation, and improve memory.
A great way to get in your berries – add to cereal, Greek yogurt, smoothies, sauces and desserts.
Check out the benefits of these berries:
- Blueberries – pack the most punch when it comes to antioxidents!
- Strawberries – high in vitamin C; one cup equals entire day’s worth!
- Increases collagen – fights wrinkles
- Reduces macular degeneration
- Folate for pregnant women – good for health of baby, including the brain and spine
- Blackberries – High in antioxidants and fibre and contain the most vitamin C.
- Raspberries – Great for heart and brain health